Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Place, New School, New Rules

I started the new year with new resolutions ..why do i need this ?, i told myself. Becos I was going to a new place, a new environment. Ok. It's actually me and my new school. The thought really made me go nutts. I was really freaked out the night before the school started. I heard horror stories about the school, teachers and rules. Why did I allow mum to make me go this school? I wanna have fun after years of torture in puay chai ( ok ok i'm exagerating here) but really why cant we teenagers (hmm hmm not yet until august this year) have a bit of fun? I know there's no Beverly Hill 90210 in PJ but at least gimme a break..

So on the first day, my mum had to go with me to the school hall for orientation. There were speeches and speeches and speeches. It was about excellence, studies, performance and I discovered new words, KPI (???), CGPA (???) (What the....??). May be I was halucinating but i thought all the teachers looked at me with suspicion. Helpp!!

Later, when I reached my classroom, my jaw dropped. Mum laughed at me. My class is a cabin!! No aircond. No projector. No tv. But i told myself it must be ok because it cost RM500,000 and has 6 fans. Mum later told me to grateful. At least I have a class and of course (she keeps repeating) that I got into this "A list", cluster school.

The whole week went by with orientation, discipline and demerit system. Classes only started in the second week...but at the end of it all, I am grateful that I went to Puay Chai. May be I was fated to go this school that make you do endless school work...no point grumbling especially to mum. Her reply is expected - "it is good for you" Whattt???

So how was your first day at your new school??


from:urs truly
sara
lots of love

No comments: