Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Launching of BlackBerry Storm by Celcom @ F1

Last week, I had an unexpected invitation. Thanks to my aunt - Mummy Ena, I was one of the young bloggers to be invited to the launching of the latest and world's first "clickable" touch-screen smartphone - The BlackBerry Storm offerred by Celcom (M) Bhd. The event was on Sunday 5/4/09 at F1, Sepang Circuit.

Scene at the racing circuit


Although I have been to FI before with my parents, I have never been to any launching held at the event. I was excited because I was personally invited by the organiser and secondly, I was told that if I were lucky, I might just win a BlackBerry!!

I slept early the night before because Mummy Ena was going to pick me by 11am. My mum also made sure my handphone was charged and had sufficient credit. She reminded me over and over again not to wander off on my own. I didnt know what to expect at a launching of a product and asked my mum if she knew. She told me that most probably the event would be held in one of the suites, so getting comfortable and having sumptuous lunch/tea would not be an issue. She also told me even if I didnt win a BlackBerry, I would come home with souvenirs and goodies. She was so right!!

As promised, at 11o'clock Mummy Ena and Kakak Shaira were at my front door. Then we headed to the blog house. From there were met other bloggers - Uncle Rocky, Uncle Tony, Aiman etc who took the same coach to Sepang Circuit.

The launch of the BlackBerry Storm was indeed held in a nice air-conditioned suite. The name "Celcom" with its blue-coloured logo adorned the suite. Everything looked very well organised. The people were friendly. I thought to myself it would be nice to be a VIP everytime I get invited to launching of new products!!


Aiman, me and Kakak Shaira

Me and Kakak Shaira getting comfortable at the Celcom Suite


The CEO of Celcom - Datuk Seri Shazalli Ramly officially launched the BlackBerry Storm and gave details of its features. We were informed that the smartphone has a host of features that are not available on Apple's iPhone. So if customers dont like iPhone, they have no choice. However, with this smartphone, customers have options - the BlackBerry Storm, Blackberry Bold or other models offerred by Celcom. Wow!! Isnt that great??


The press conference

Kakak Shaira and me trying out the BlackBerry Storm and BlackBerryBold


During the launch we were given the chance to try the smartphone and was also informed of the price. Although it is way too expensive for someone of my age, Mummy Ena says for RM2499 (plus freebies of about RM600/ for early birds), the smartphone is a good buy (and reasonable for working people). Since I do not fall in that category, I was hoping to get lucky and win the smartphone. However, luck was on Aiman's side and not mine when he went home with the BlackBerry (lucky you!! now that you're the same league as the PM who also owns one!!)



The goodies that I got to bring home - compliments from Celcom

Happy faces - before we made our way back to KL


Like what my mum said, the organiser/Celcom treated us like VIPs. They provided us with good food and also handed out goodies and souvenirs to all guests. At the end of the evening, we left for home with a memorable experience and I know if I had the means, I would definitely own a BlackBerry!!


Thank you Celcom and thank you Mummy Ena

Lots of luv,
Sara
xoxo

6 comments:

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

hello sara,

i'm glad you enjoyed yourself. it was nice of Celcom to want to include young bloggers like you.

but, aiman actually did not go home with a Blackberry...he won a blackberry bag for giving a correct answer to a quiz. but, they did give him a pleasant surprise, saying that he'd get a blackberry Storm later.

Itu-lah....we must not be shy in putting our hands up if we know answers to questions like in that event.

tak care, my dear!

Sara Hamidah said...

hi mummy ena!

my bad! i got mixed up with the other winner that got the blackberry on that day itself.

yes! i will keep that i mind next time to raise my hand...he he:-)

Rockybru said...

Hi Sara,

We had another kind of storm that day, eh? The one that stopped the race!

I left a comment at your kakak Syaira to say that I'll get her a Storm for her 18th birthday. She'll be tired of it before she's 21, so I suppose you can have it after that.

Hehe. Joking, joking.

Ahirine wants to blog but she doesn't know how. Could you give her a call and encourage her to start one?

Bye Sara, glad you had fun!

Sara Hamidah said...

Hi Uncle Rocky!

Yes! I should have mentioned about that storm too in my blog.

About the BlackBerry dont mind waiting until kakak shaira turns 21!!

You mentioned that your present hp "dah berkarat" altho I dont think so...if you're finding an excuse to get the latest BlackBerry and you dont know where to "throw" yr present hp...I dont mind hand-me-downs...He he he..

About Ahirine blogging, will encourage her:-)

Thanks for dropping by Uncle Rocky!!

P/s Pls say Hi! and thank you to yr fren - Dato Shazalli and dont forget us (Kakak Shaira & me)next year if they're launching any new products at F1!!!

Adios!

Chocs said...

I have to agree with Aunty Ena: Never pass up freebies!

No one got to take home a Storm that day. Celcom was bound by contract from RIM BlackBerry to only allow pre-launch circulation & distribution of the Storm to their employees.

My friends keep offering me their iPhones, saying they'd rather have a BB instead. I thank God for this BB, as it caught the eye of a teacher, who then made me head of the Tech @ SMK Section 9 column!

Being an 'up-to-date' (or greedy! LoL) person, I've actually got my eyes set on the new BlackBerry Tour 9630. Its the official replacement for the Bold 9000 and I've also heard rumours that there's a Storm v.2 in the pipes! It hurts when you know you've been outdated!

Anyway, I agree that BB's are a little too expensive for students, but with the way our generation texts now days, it makes sense if everyone had a BB just for BB Messenger. Its really nifty, but Celcoms plans are a little too uneconomical at the moment (to which many of my iPhone toting friends disagree!)

DiGi, my ever favorite telco, will be releasing BlackBerry plans for the mass market soon, and probably with exclusive rights to the BB Tour (unless they already have an agreement with Celcom). This should offer some solace for the less spendthrift BB client.

Hey, join me and pray they'll have a preview for the BlackBerry Tour 9630 at another swanky event?

Love,
Aiman I. Abdullah.

Sara Hamidah said...

Hey aiman.

will pray that i can join you for another swanky event.

adios!