Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Happy Weekend !!

I had a good weekend this week.

Mom completed her 44-day confinement and we celebrated it with a Mee Siam Party. (note : mee siam is a dish from Singapore that is so irresistable especially to my mother, aunts and uncles). Also, it was a day to celebrate Mommy Aza's and Adik Sofia's birthday, Abang Adel's acceptance and Presidential Scholarship to Waterloo University, Canada and of course Mother's Day!


Mom with Baby Selena

Mama Olin with Birthday Gurl - Mommy Aza


As the Mee Siam was the main menu, Mom had it ordered from her cousin, Cik Noi in Gombak. We made our way through the jam and reached home with the dish just in time for the party at 4.30pm. By that time my uncle, Om Amed was already there with Aunty Farah and my cousin, Kak Ellysha. My aunt, Cik Ton and my nephew, Adam (my cousin, Kak Mamin's son) had also arrived.


My family - (left to right) Abang Ciman, Papa Nik, Mommy Aza, Abah and Cik Ton


By 5pm, the desserts came with my aunt, Mommy Lalin and my cousins. The desserts were Mommy Lalin's "sinful" brownies and bread n butter pudding. They are "must have" desserts at every family gathering at home and simply "to-die-for". Yummy!!
Our brainy Abang Adel and Kakak Ina "cun"



The food and my relatives (especially with my cousins sleeping over) were not only the best part of the party. I made a bargain with Mom that night and managed to book a really awesome handphone from my cousin, Kak Shasha at a very, very reasonable price and got a buyer for my handphone too. How? I arranged an easy-payment scheme with Mom and my prospective buyer. All at the same time! Can you believe this? It was just too good to be true!!

My lil' nieces - Ayra & Ayna, my lil' cousin Sonia and my topless sister, Sharmaine



Today, we continued our celebration of Mother's Day. We visited our grandmother, Nenek with Mom and my cousins and had delicious Nasi Lemak and Laksa Penang. For dessert, we had the Mother's Day cake and the best part (again!), Nenek gave each of us money before we left.

Mother's Day at Nenek's




Later, we had a special Mother's Day lunch at home with my aunts- Mommy Ena and Cik Ton. It was roast chicken with pasta ala Mariah. It was the first time Cik Ton made it but it was still yummy. Mommy Aza joined us later and brought roast chicken. That was not all. For tea, it was Coffee Bean with Mommy Ena, Abang Adel and Kakak Shaira.

By the end of the day, I seriously think I have gained 10 pounds!! but smile as I go to sleep for having a wonderful family to celebrate special occasions with and for having a Superwoman - My Mom!!

What a beautiful life!!


Happy Mother's Day Mom! We love you!


Lots of love,
Sara
xoxox

4 comments:

Wan Nordin Wan Hussin said...

Hi Sara
Everything is so beautiful and so gojes, and so perfect. Wow, you have a new sister. Bliss, and congrats to your lovely parents.

Sara Hamidah said...

Thanks GUiKP. Yes! I have a new sister and thanks for dropping by.

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

Hi Sara,

That was a nice write-up on our family gathering.

Cik Ton

Sara Hamidah said...

Thank you Cik Ton:-)