Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hello Again!!

Hello! Hello!

I have not been updating my blog. I know. What's the point of having one when you can't manage the blog? Well, it's unintentional. Really. Firstly, my dear brother Heikal spoilt the laptop that we share when he broke the LCD and refused to admit. So mom got very mad and barred us from touching it again. Secondly, the desk top one was also spoilt by him (also he did not admit) so mom is taking her time fixing it (thanks so much Heikal for being so careful with things!). Somehow mom thinks that she has punished us enough so I'm at her mercy to use this other laptop (watch out Heikal you can use this only under strict supervision!!)

So what have I been up to for the last 2 months?

The usual. School. Homework. Tests. However, there were interesting and memorable days.

For the month of June, we had three reasons to celebrate.

The first was Kakak Amalina's Kenduri Kesyukuran. Om Kamal had it to thank Allah for making it possible for Kakak Amalina to enter and continue her studies in UITM. That was a good reason to "makan-makan" and get-together at Om Kamal's.

The next week, we held my baby sister's "Majlis Berendoi" at home. We had the "berzanji", the "cukur jambul" and the "pijak tanah". My cousin - Sofia and I sat on the pelamin and pushed her "buai" while the ladies sang the "berzanji" songs. It was quite an experience.


My Baby Sister - Selena with my Grandmum (My dad's mum) at the Majlis Berendoi



Cik Nah helping my Grandmum and Selena with the Pijak Tanah ceremony. On the right is my aunt (my dad's sister) - Aunty Yati




My mom with Selena removing seven layers of kain songket as the ladies recited the salawat and berzanji



That's me with Adik Sofia, my Grandmum and mom on the pelamin. Selena is in the "buai"


The Berzanji Book



Later that night we had a wedding reception for Uncle Ayob at home. Uncle Ayob is my dad's good friend who used to stay with us. He is like an adopted son to my late grandfather and has become part of our big family.

So it was a lot of eating that day - nasi beriani during the day and roast lamb, satay, rojak, sotong kangkong, ice kacang, cendol and nasi minyak that night. (And of course the delicious desserts!)

The following week, we had another reason to celebrate. It was a "Laksa Johor Party" for mom. She celebrated her 39th birthday.

Cik Ton cooked the Laksa Johor and it was simply irresistable. I'm not kidding. Cik Ton's Laksa Johor is the best (and of course apart from my mom's!). Mummy Lalin brought the cakes as usual. Yummy!!

Later that night, we (Mommy Olin, Uncle Azmi, Papa Nik, Mommy Lalin, Mommy Ena, Kakak Shaira and I) continued the "party" at Red Box. It was so much fun although abah and the birthday girl (that's mom) stayed home because mom had too much of the Laksa Johor and was breathless to sing!!

Then, sometime in mid July we had another celebration. It was for Om Kamal's 48th birthday. This time Cik Ton cooked mee mamak and it was not pre-cooked. The cakes? It was brownies and cheese cake. Sedaap!!

(Now you guys know why i seriously need to go on that X-trainer that mom bought. Don't blame me for eating! It's my mom and her siblings who always find reasons to meet up and serve us good food!!)

At school, I also had one eventful and memorable week. That was the highlight for month of July for me. It was the "Sri Aman Got Talent" competition at school.

My friends and I were excited when the school announced about the competition. Although we did not have much time to practise, we wanted to give a try. We only had about 3 days before the audition. So it was really stressful but we tried our best. Alia and I played the guitar, Talya and Sandya sang. We hoped the song "The climb" would bring us luck.

Thankfully we were right and we got second place.

So if you're wondering how we performed, it's at youtube -"Sri Aman Got Talent - The Climb". Hope you guys like it too!! C ya!


Lots of love,

Sara
xoxo


No comments: