Monday, May 25, 2009

My Daddy Cool

This is my dad. People call him Mack but we call him Abah.

Abah on his CBR 600 before going for his Sunday Ride



Abah is one cool dad. He rides the big bike and loves to cook for us. Whenever I crave for nasi goreng, it's Abah that I ask to make one for me and not Mom (sorry Mom!). In fact, my cousins like his nasi goreng too although I must say that the taste changes each time he cooks but we don't mind that.

Abah's simple but yummy nasi goreng (which he also claims to be "ajinomoto and MSG free")

Abah also has an alter ego. Mom and I think that he actually wants to be a hairstylist! It's really the opposite of what Abah does for a living. You know why? The nature of his job requires someone to be rugged and tough. It sometimes requires Abah to be in the forest (overnight and a few days) and to handle tractors and lorries . That's why he enjoyed the movie - `Don't Mess With The Zohan '!



One of the places where Abah goes to work


So Abah cuts his own hair and sometimes volunteers to cut ours. He stopped cutting mine when I discovered the hairdressers! Of course my brother, Heikal has not been able to say `No' and has been Abah's `guinea pig' (you can see Abah experimental hairstyles on Heikal!!! Haha poor Heikal!) Although Abah has not been able to convince Mom that he's able to cut her hair, Abah has on many occasions blow-dried Mom's hair and he's much better than Mom herself !!!



Abah turned 41 last Friday. As he was away in Terengganu, we decided to celebrate when he came back on Saturday. Unfortunately, Abah was not feeling well so we had to postpone to lunch on Sunday. As usual, if we celebrated our birthdays it would either be at Jake's , Chilli's or TGIF. Abah chose TGIF and Mummy Ena offered to treat him ( Thx Mummy Ena! ).


Abah's Birthday Lunch at TGIF





Abah had earlier warned us not to make him blow his birthday cake in public or get the waiters at TGIF to sing to him (he finds it annoying- Abah, you're a party-pooper), so we blew the birthday candles and sang happy birthday at home. Of course Sharmaine, my little sister got excited and thought it was all for her!




Later that day, we spent some time with Abah at Taman Tun Park. Also, Mom said that I ate too much for lunch and needed to shed a few pounds off !! ( Oh Mom gimme a break ! ) Thank god Mummy Azah and Abang Jazzlan came later in the evening and followed us to the Park. That made my walk more interesing (and less tiring) because Abang Jazzlan and I chatted during the walk .


After I completed my exercise I actually felt lighter and by the end of the day enjoyed the good time I had with Abah, my family and of course the company of Mummy Ena , Abang Adel, Kak Shaira , Mummy Azah and Abang Jazzlan .


`HAPPY 41st BIRTHDAY ABAH !'

`You're my Daddy Cool and we love you!'


Lots of love,
Sara
xoxo


2 comments:

Wan Nordin Wan Hussin said...

Hi Sara
Love your chatty and hilarious narrative, and all the accompanying photos.

Sara Hamidah said...

Hi GUiKP,

Good to know that you ejoyed this piece.

Thx